Impact 100 Garden State is about the power of collective decision-making and collective grant-making. As a grant-making organization, the women of Impact 100 Garden State come together as one to do something truly remarkable: for every 100 women, we are able to grant a gift of $100,000 to a nonprofit organization that has a big idea and great potential. Additional funds are also awarded to our deserving nonprofit finalists who make it to the finish line but are not selected as recipients of the $100,000 grant.
Through grant-making, we invest in our grant recipients, partner with them, pay attention to their concerns, become familiar with their programs and services, and the communities they serve. In return, grant recipients assure us that our process inspires them to think bigger and more strategically about the work they do.
Since we awarded our first grant in 2013, Impact 100 Garden State has touched the lives of thousands of New Jersey residents. We have awarded over $2.0 million to fund programs that help disadvantaged, impoverished, and underserved populations in Morris, Passaic, Somerset, Sussex and Union counties. Please visit our Grant Recipients webpage to see the range of organizations and programs funded since 2013 including the following:
- New Jersey Veterans
- The homeless and the food insecure
- At-risk youth, including those who live in poverty, have dropped out of high school, or lack family support
- Disabled and elderly homeowners
- Preschool children from low-income families
- Low-income families needing financial education, banking services and loans
- Job training for those returning from incarceration to explore business ownership as means to reenter society
- Access to multiple educational opportunities for women looking to rise out of poverty and pass high school equivalency exams
Our goal is to continue to inspire, encourage and support nonprofit initiatives that help to improve the quality of life for those in our communities.