Nominate your Rising Star – Deadline is December 10, 2020
The process for our $5000 Rising Stars grant is simple and straightforward. All 2021 paid-up members may nominate a nonprofit organization of their choice. Each member may submit only one nomination per year. The online nomination form must be submitted by December 10, 2020.
Nominated nonprofits that meet the criteria below become eligible to be included in the exciting finale, which will take place at our I Love Impact event in 2021. As part of that evening’s program, one recipient will be selected from the nomination box. All eligible nominations will thus have an equal opportunity for funding. The nominating member will receive a $5000 Rising Stars check made payable to the nonprofit recipient. The member will then have the privilege of presenting the check to the organization she has nominated.
This continues to be a challenging year for nonprofit organizations, especially smaller ones. COVID 19 has brought many changes. Revenue streams have been disrupted while need may have increased. We encourage our members to consider how the organization you are nominating is adjusting to its new environment. Is it reexamining or expanding its mission? Is it making necessary financial adjustments? These questions underlie the final criterion below.
Criteria for a Nominated Nonprofit
- Has and maintains tax-exempt status under IRS Section 501 (c) (3)
- Serves residents in at least one of our five counties
- Is not a religious entity using the funds for a religious purpose
- Has a budget that falls between $50,000 and $300,000
- Has a mission statement and can point to success in meeting the mission
- Has been in existence for at least three years
- Is able to demonstrate fiscal responsibility
- Is able to survive and meet its mission in a pandemic environment
Thank you for helping us recognize Rising Stars in our communities. If you have questions,
please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submit your nomination using the Rising Stars Award Nomination Form