Serve on a grants committee.
Each year, nonprofits are invited to submit proposals for programs they believe will have significant impact. After training, members serve on committees in which they –
- Perform in-depth reviews of grant applications
- Conduct site visits
- Recommend finalists to be voted on by the entire membership
Share your financial expertise.
Impact 100 Garden State is committed to accountability and transparency. Your participation in the following activities will help us achieve this.
- Evaluate the financial condition of grant applicants
- Develop long-range funding strategies
- Serve on our Finance Committee
Help us recruit new members.
Our members tell us they are excited by the opportunity to collaborate with other women to make a difference in their local communities. Help us continue our momentum by encouraging your friends to join and by –
- Hosting a coffee
- Making phone calls or assisting with a mailing
- Speaking at an event
Lend a hand for short-term projects.
Sometimes we need volunteers for a few hours. Pitch in and get to know your fellow members. You could help by –
- Assisting with mailings
- Helping with registration at nonprofit and member events
- Calling fellow members
Assist with special events.
Several events, including the Annual Awards Meeting and a spring/summer membership party, are held throughout the year and provide an opportunity to network with members and celebrate with the nonprofit community. You can help by –
- Planning the venue and assisting with logistics
- Securing sponsorships
- Assisting with event registration
Use your IT skills.
Help us evaluate, prioritize and address our technology needs by –
- Assisting in the development of an annual IT plan
- Evaluating IT software and services
- Suggesting procedures for database development
Help us get the word out.
Our members are our voice and the best advocates for what we do. “Share” or “like” Impact 100 Garden State posts on Facebook. You can also help us by –
- Writing press releases and reaching out to local media
- Assisting with website and social media
- Taking photographs at member and other events